Saturday, July 16, 2011

HOT HOT HOT - Going to the Dogs!

Yes, it's hot here in the Big D! Hard to get out in my "studio" this time of year. My little A/c just doesn't work that well when the temps are over 100 degrees. But I manage to get in there a little here and there. Waiting for it to cool off enough to go and make a dog tag for Raggs! Yes, Raggs is getting a custom sterling silver tag for his little collar. He is going to be so cute with it on. I'll have to request a photo of him with it on so everyone can see it.  So better get out there and get it made so I can ship it out. Hopefully, I can get a couple of other things started while I'm out there.


And speaking of dogs, here is a piece from my "Dog Gone ??" series. This pendant features the head of a Bull Dog, which is a vintage pewter piece. The gentleman I bought it from told me it was used in costume jewelry in the 50's. The heads had a little screw on the back and was on a ring. You could unscrew the head and change out the dog face. Of course, I couldn't just buy one....no, I bought all he had. So if you think you might want one, just let me know. I do not have all breeds, but have a good selection.


This one features some of my hand stamped artistry and the words "Dog Gone Cute". It is strung on sodalite beads.



No comments:

Post a Comment